The Home Repair Program is still receiving applications. However, the City can not guarantee that applications received after June 1st will be funded. Please contact Andrew Dane for any questions or concerns. We will update this page if additional funding becomes available.
The Home Repair Grant Program is an opportunity for City of Waupaca homeowners to receive up to a $10,000 grant for exterior home repairs that extend the life of the home.
There is no match requirement for homeowners below the threshold of 80% of County Median Household Income (For example, $59,450 for a family of four). Homeowners making over the threshold are eligible for a 50 percent matching grant.
Applications will be reviewed in the order they are received. The overall goal of the program is to enhance the desirability of Waupaca’s neighborhoods by reinvesting in the City’s older housing stock.
With funding available through federal economic recovery dollars (ARPA), the Home Repair Program will provide $600,000 to assist homeowners with needed repairs they were unable to finance or perform due to COVID-related impacts.
Grant applications are accepted anytime. To be considered for approval at the City’s CDA monthly Committee meeting (held 3rd Monday of the month); applications are due by the 1st Monday of the Month. Please confirm times/dates with the program contact below.
- Applicant: City of Waupaca residents who reside in owner-occupied single-family homes built in 1970 or prior. Applicants must self-certify that they meet this requirement.
- Number of Awards: Applicants are eligible to receive up to one grant award (Subject to funding availability)
- Project Location: Within the limits of the City of Waupaca
- Eligible Projects: (home or detached garages; but not other accessory structures). Projects not listed below which extend the life of the home may be considered for funding on an individual basis.
- Grading to address stormwater runoff issues
- Foundation repair
- Front porch and stairs
- Garage doors
- Driveways (asphalt or concrete)
- Fence repair
- Other eligible projects: Projects not listed above that extend the life of the home may be considered for funding on an individual basis.
- Ineligible Projects: Projects which do not directly improve the longevity of the home; equipment expenses not related to eligible project type; tax-exempt properties; properties with outstanding taxes or fees owed to the City. The owner must self-certify they do not owe City any outstanding taxes or fees.
***If you are above the 80% of Household Income (HH) threshold you DO NOT need to provide proof of HH income as part of your application.
Contact & Apply
For more information please review the Waupaca Home Repair Guidelines and FAQ and application materials linked above. If you have additional questions please contact:
111 S. Main Street