South Park Beach
The Waupaca Parks and Rec Department manages a public beach located at South Park. The beach house is equipped with changing rooms, vending machines and bathrooms. The beach is staffed with lifeguards starting Memorial Day weekend through late August, WEATHER PERMITTING. Please call the Parks and Recreation office or Beach House if you are planning to bring a large group swimming so that we may be better able to plan. Patrons who decide to swim when lifeguards are off duty can do so at their own risk as long as they do so within park hours (7:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.) *Swimming at your own risk begins when lifeguards announce it at closing time. Swim lessons are taught at South Park Beach throughout the summer (June and July Sessions). To sign up for swim lessons, please visit our website: http://www.waupacaactive.net. Beach House Phone: 715.513.0498.
- Mandatory front crawl to the big dock by all swimmers. Lifeguards reserve the right to test all swimmers.
- Please user ladders on the dock. One person at a time on ladders, diving board and slides.
- No glass botties or alcoholic beverages.
- No dogs allowed on the beach.
- No swimming under the docks or running plunge dives.
- No pushing, shoving, running or roughness at any time.
- No throwing sand, mud or rocks.
- No floatation devices, masks, fins or snorkels allowed in the deep section.
- No hanging on equipment (ropes, ladders, slides or diving boards).
- No wheels such as bikes, roller blades or skateboards allowed in the beach area.
- Obey all additional instruction given by the lifeguard or you will be subject to removal from the beach.
- Diving Dock
- Sand Beach
- Supervised Swimming
- Water (River or Lake)