The City of Waupaca Inspection Department is the single source of contact for people and businesses needing permits to construct or remodel buildings in the City of Waupaca. Staff reviews and performs field inspections of building plans to ensure compliance with the City of Waupaca Building Code, State of Wisconsin Building Code, and the City of Waupaca Zoning Code. Staff also issues building permits.
Staff is also responsible for enforcing public nuisance and related ordinances which guide the use of private property in a manner that is beneficial to the health, safety, and welfare of the community.
Permits are required for residential, commercial, and industrial projects for all of the following:
- New construction
- Accessory Buildings (shed, garage)
- Razing/moving structures
- Window replacement
- Sewer/Water laterals (repairs) installation included with permit
- Underground storage tank removal
Permits are NOT required for:
- Any physical improvements that are less than $500 in materials and labor (if owner is performing the work materials double)
- Any cosmetic improvements to interior or exterior such as:
- Painting and wallpaper
- Carpeting and flooring covering replacement
- Gutters and downspouts
- Concrete driveways and sidewalk improvements