The City of Waupaca Technology department is responsible for oversight and guidance of all technology within different City departments. The Technology division encompasses Information Technology; Community Media and Waupaca Online (wireless ISP).
- Information Technology: Computers (130+), Servers, Networking
- Public Access Computers
- Free WiFi in city facilities, parks and downtown
- IT services in 24 different city facilities
- Phone Systems, Security Camera Systems, Access Control System and Audio/Visual equipment
- E-Mail Administration
- Management of Cellular plans and MFP contracts
- Storage and security of 20tb+ of data
- Organizing city electronics recycling events
The City of Waupaca operates an Internet Service that provides fixed wireless internet service to residents in the city and rural Waupaca and Outagamie Counties. Service is available with reasonable monthly rates. For more details visit www.waupacaonline.net or call 715.942.9919.
Waupaca Online is a great option for area residents and also specializes in serving areas where DSL or Cable internet are not available.
The Mission of the Community Media Division is “to connect the residents of the Waupaca area with the activities of their government and community.” The Community Media division manages several different community media assets to help ensure the flow of communication from the city to reach as many different individuals as possible:
- Waupaca Radio fm96.3
- Chain to Main Podcast
- Win-TV Spectrum Cable Channel 991
- Win-TV YouTube Channel
- City of Waupaca Facebook Page
- Digital Signage in City Facilities
- City of Waupaca Website
Visit the Community Media website to learn more and find out all the ways the community can utilize community media.